Centro per la Scena Contemporanea Bassano del Grappa [Italy]
Centro per la Scena Contemporanea (CSC) was founded in 2006 by the Municipality of Bassano del Grappa, in the North East of Italy.
- a dynamic dance house, dedicated to the development of the culture of contemporary dance and creation,
- a residency center for individual artists or dance companies elaborating their own experimental and research projects,
- a home for research and artistic development,
- a platform for the presentation of national and international works,
- a forum for the exchange of critical responses, discourses and ideas among artists, the public and members of the local community,
- an environmental frame for installations, site-specific works and other interdisciplinary projects -an affiliate member of EDN exciting Network that establishes the dialogue between artists, art managers and audiences questioning the aspects of cultural exchanges in Europe.
History of the venues
CSC is housed in 3 unique buildings, all located at walking distance in the city centre of Bassano del Grappa: CSC Garage Nardini, CSC San Bonaventura, Teatro Remondini.
CSC Garage Nardini used to e a distillery of the Nardini family, one of the oldest grappa producers in Europe. It became a garage before being closed down for years. In 2008 the Nardini family offered the venue to the Municipality of Bassano to give a home to the projects, activities and initiatives promoted in the field of dance.
Recently the Municipality of Bassano del Grappa undertook the renovation of the San Bonaventura church. The church of the old hospital of the city was deconsacrated when a new building was created in a different area of the town. The space is now called CSC San Bonaventura and became a place for the performing arts, it keeps ist historical architecture and hosts residencies and performances.
Teatro Remondini is a traditional Italian style theatre, it hosts mainly the presentation of dance works and occasionally residencies and dance workshops.