Dance Ireland Dublin [Ireland]
Dance Ireland is the representative body for professional dance in Ireland.
We celebrate, develop and promote the diversity of dance practices in Ireland today by presenting a professional training and development programme and by providing practical supports and services for dance artists. We are committed to providing initiatives in Dublin, countrywide and internationally.
Our guiding principles are:
- To provide support and practical resources for dancers & choreographers;
- To work towards developing a sustainable dance sector in Ireland;
- To lead, represent and advocate on behalf of the dance sector;
- To enhance public awareness of and involvement in dance at all levels.
What we do:
Training programme for professional dance artists
- Professional classes, workshops & masterclasses
- Choreographic workshops
- International guest artist residencies
- Professional development seminars
Development programme for professional dance artists
- Mentored Choreographic Lab
- International Associate Artist programme
- International exchange programme
- Performance & exhibition opportunities
- Winging It! – short-term, no-notice studio hire service
Dance artist support and services
- Information/advice clinics
- Subsidised equipment hire
- Resource room – library, business facilities, meeting space, study desks
- Advocacy on issues of importance to the dance community
- Open House – non-curated events by youth/community dance groups
- Open Days - free ‘taster’ dance classes open to all
- Dance classes for local schools & groups
- Tailor-made creative dance programmes for both old and young people
- Dance Ireland News – Ireland’s only professional dance magazine published monthly
- www.danceireland.ie and Dance Ireland E-Bulletin
- Guide to Independent Choreographers & Dance Companies – Ireland’s dance directory
- Representing the Irish dance sector at key international events and forums
Dance Ireland also manages DanceHouse, Ireland’s only custom-built dance studio venue, on behalf of Dublin City Council.
Featuring six purpose-built dance rehearsal studios, an artists’ resource room and exhibition spaces, DanceHouse is a working base for professional dance practice and a hub for the wider dance community. Studios - available for a variety of uses, including classes, rehearsals, workshops and informal showings – are available for hire.